Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays…the quality time with family, a reason to remember and reflect on all the things I have to be thankful for, the delightful feast with all the trimmings…and the leftovers!!!
If your hungry dinner guests don’t gobble up every bite on Thanksgiving Day, rather than just doing warm ups the next day, why not get creative with your leftovers?
These Turkey Avocado Club Baked Eggs are deliciously different and a real crowd pleaser. They’re the perfect way to give your leftover turkey an entirely new persona and your taste buds a treat.
Turkey Avocado Club Baked Eggs – serves 4
What you’ll need:
- 4 Slices of turkey breast (or more if needed to make a cup in the tin)
- 1 Avocado, diced
- 4 Tbsp pesto
- 4 Slices of bacon, cooked until crispy then chopped
- 8 Cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 8 Large eggs, scrambled
- 1/2 Cup Havarti Cheese
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray four “Large Muffin” tins with non-stick spray.
- Arrange each turkey slice in the muffin tin to form a cup.
- Place 1 Tbsp pesto and 1/2 Tbsp Parmesan in the bottom of each ham cup. Add 4 tomato halves.
- Divide and distribute the diced avocado, then chopped bacon between the cups.
- Do the same with the scrambled eggs.
- Sprinkle tops with dash of salt, pepper, and Havarti cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the egg is set and top is beginning to brown.
I love to serve this amazing dish at the Historic Smithton Inn with a side of roasted potatoes and fresh salsa. Give it a try and let me know what you think.
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!