Before exploring all that Lancaster County has to offer, I want my guests to start their days off with a
phenomenal breakfast. One of my favorite morning dishes is this Baked Eggs Florentine with eggs, jack cheese, and sausage over potatoes. If you’re looking for a fantastic brunch recipe, this one’s for you!
What you’ll need:
- 3-4 cups shredded potatoes
- 1 ½ lbs sausage, cooked
- 2 cups cheddar jack cheese (1 ½ in with eggs, ½ on top)
- 3-4 cups spinach
- 18 eggs
What to do:
- Combine eggs, spinach & 1 ½ cups cheese.
- Spread the potatoes into an even layer on the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Next, spread the cooked sausage evenly over the potatoes.
- Top with egg/spinach/cheese mixture.
- Bake at 400 for 20 minutes.
- Remove baking dish from oven, top with remaining cheese, bake 5-10 more min.
- Serve with Hollandaise sauce on top, and garnish with chopped parsley.
Try this hearty, flavorful breakfast masterpiece at home, and comment here to let me know what you think of it!
By Rebecca Gallagher
Image courtesy of byjeng / FreeDigitalPhotos.net