If one of your New Year’s resolutions is to eat healthier, you’ll want to try this delicious recipe.
Millet (a.k.a. porridge), a naturally gluten-free grain, is packed with vitamins and minerals and will provide you with sustained energy to get you through your morning. I think you’ll enjoy the eclectic combination of honey, blueberries, and candied ginger that gives this recipe a lot of taste without being overly sweet.
Blueberry Ginger Millet
- 1 cup millet
- 3 cups water
- 1 Tbsp honey (plus more to drizzle on top)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 Tbsp candied ginger
1. Add millet to a large saucepan and toast it over medium heat
for 4 to 5 minutes or until it becomes slightly golden in color. Stir with a
spatula, and be careful not to burn it!
2. Add water and honey to the pan and stir
3. Bring the mixture to a boil, and then turn the heat down to
4. Cover the pot and simmer until the millet absorbs most of the water (around 15 minutes). You can stir it mid-way through, but avoid over-stirring.
5. Remove from heat and gently stir in blueberries and candied
6. Let stand for 10 minutes.
7. Fluff the millet with a fork, and serve in a bowl with honey
drizzled over the top.
Here’s to a healthier and tasty 2016!
Image courtesy of Keattikorn at FreeDigitalPhotos.net