Lancaster County has a new attraction which celebrates one of our biggest industries, Dairy! The “Turkey Hill Experience” is an interactive, Disney-style attraction that’s fantastic addition to your vacation itinerary. Just a few of the exhibits include milking a mechanical cow, walking through a freezer and taking an ‘ice tea personality test’!
Here’s an overview from the Grand Opening press coverage:
Quick-Facts about the attraction include:
- 26,000 square feet of exhibits, dining areas and retail space.
- Nine interactive exhibit areas will allow visitors to learn more about dairy culture, the story of Turkey Hill Dairy, and how the company’s top-selling ice cream and iced tea flavors are selected and created.
- Exhibits will also feature Lancaster County cultural highlights, including some history of the lower Susquehanna River Valley and the rural farming area surrounding Turkey Hill Dairy.
- Visitors will truly experience what it’s like to be a Turkey Hill Dairy ice cream maker for a day, including the opportunity to create his or her own ice cream flavor.
- An entrance fee will be charged to visit the main interactive exhibit area, but a portion of the exhibits will be open to the public at no charge.
- The first floor of the Turkey Hill Experience will feature a large creamery, which will serve the general community.