The Best Alternative to Pet-Friendly Hotels in Lancaster County, PA & Surrounding Cities
If you can’t imagine leaving your pet behind when you travel, the Tailor’s Cottage and the Smithton Guest House both provide great pet-friendly lodging accommodations. Our bed and breakfast is the perfect alternative to larger pet-friendly hotels in Lancaster, PA as we treat you and your pet like family!
We accept small to medium-sized canine companions at our pet-friendly bed and breakfast in Pennsylvania. But note, there is only ONE guest room where pets are allowed (this does not apply to service animals with proper documentation), and prior approval is necessary. There are a handful of pet-friendly hotels in Lancaster, PA, so we highly recommend booking as far ahead as possible to improve your chances of finding a room during the dates you need.
The Historic Smithton Inn has just a few simple rules, designed to keep all our guests (four-legged AND two-legged ones!) happy, safe and comfortable. Here they are:
- We need a heads-up. If you’re bringing a dog with you, even if you’ve booked the Tailor’s Cottage, we ask that you let us know ahead of time so our housekeeper isn’t caught off-guard.
- Pet Fee: We charge a small fee of $25 for pet-guests. We allow a max of 2 well-behaved dogs in the room. Sorry, no other types of pets are permitted. Pet owners will be liable for any out-of-the-ordinary cleaning bills or repairs, should they be required.
- Need those Vaccines: We require all pets staying with us to be vaccinated so please bring your paperwork with you or be prepared to call your vet as we may request proof from you.
- Help out our Housekeepers: We typically clean guest rooms between 9 am – 2 pm. If you’d like your room cleaned, your pet must be either be with you, crated, or not in the room. You can request a specific time for housekeeping if you know of a time you’ll be out of the room with your pet.
- Pets allowed in your room ONLY: I know, it’s crazy, but not all our guests like dogs, so we ask that you keep your pet in the Tailor’s Cottage only (even the lobby is off-limits), and please keep your pet leashed while on the grounds.
- We can deliver breakfast: If you’re uncomfortable leaving your pet alone in the room during breakfast, just let us know and we’ll deliver breakfast to you at no additional cost. Please just let us know the night before so we’re prepared for it.
- Home Alone: You know your pet and how well they’ll do if left alone in the room while you’re out at dinner or exploring. If there’s any chance your pet could become “destructive” while you’re out, we suggest you bring a crate or ask to use one of ours. And dogs “in distress” when the owner is out simply make us sad, so we’ll call you to remedy the situation if it occurs.
- Clean up after your pet: If you need a baggie just let us know and we’ll show you where you can easily dispose of it.
- So this has NEVER happened… please don’t be the first for us! If your pet is not kept in control or disturbs other guests, we reserve the right to take action which quite likely includes eviction.