Reservations & Policies
Reservations at Our B&B Near Lancaster, PA
If you want to take the time to get away, slow down, and rejuvenate while enjoying some of Pennsylvania’s most beautiful countryside, consider coming away to the Historic Smithton Inn.
Located in the heart of Pennsylvania Dutch Country, the inn offers five spacious, comfortable guestrooms and two guest suites, one with a kitchenette. All rooms have private baths and working fireplaces. Two rooms have jetted spa tubs. Refrigerators, bottled water, plush robes, toiletries, and Wi-Fi are provided for your comfort and convenience. The room rate includes a full breakfast.
Not only will you enjoy your time spent at our Inn, but all of Lancaster County as well. There is an abundance of activities, events, historical sites, and cultural attractions. This area offers an ideal setting for any occasion, whether it’s a Pennsylvania family vacation, romantic getaway, or girlfriend getaway weekend – there is truly something for everyone!
Are you ready & excited to book your trip?! Click here to make your reservation through our secure online server, or if you prefer to talk to a real-live person, just give us a call at 717-733-6094!!
- Room rates are based upon two occupants.
- Additional occupancy is $25 per person/night.
- We charge a deposit of 50% of your room rate to hold your room for you. We require a credit card to confirm and book the reservation. The remaining balance is due upon arrival.
- For your final balance, we accept cash, check, travelers check, Visa, Master Card and Discover.
- Our regular check-in time is between 4:00 – 6:00 pm. We do, however, allow early or late arrivals by prior arrangement. Check out is at 11:00 am.
- During our busy season (May – October) and on holiday weekends, we require a 2-night minimum stay on weekends. We will allow a 1-night stay if a weekend night ends up “stranded” (when someone books Saturday & Sunday nights, Friday will end up available), so call us to see if that option is open for you.
- Taxes: PA Sales tax is 6.0% and Lancaster County Excise Tax is 1.1%
Cancellations & No Shows
Because of our small size, cancellations and no shows affect us significantly. Once we reserve a room for you, it is YOURS and we turn away all other requests for that room. For this reason, cancellations must be made fourteen (14) days prior to the date of arrival to avoid forfeiture of your deposit, three (3) days prior to avoid the full payment for the reservation. This is a strict policy. If it concerns you, please consider purchasing travel insurance (click here for trip insurance details), available on the internet, to protect yourself from unforeseen circumstances, which may require cancellation of your trip.
Please let us know as soon as possible if you need to cancel your reservation. We will actively attempt to re-book your room and will refund your deposit, less a $15/room cancellation processing fee, based on the amount of time to your arrival date:
- Cancellations made 15 days or more before your arrival date will have their deposit refunded, less a $15 (per room ) cancellation fee.
- Cancellations made 3 – 14 days prior to arrival, forfeit their deposit, unless we are able to re-rent the room(s) for the entire reservation.
- Within 3 days of arrival date, guests are responsible for full payment of their reservation, unless we are able to re-rent the room(s) for the entire reservation.
- If a guest does not arrive and honor their reservation or contact us to cancel (aka – No Show), they will be charged for the full amount of their reservation.
- There are no refunds for early departure (unless we are able to re-rent the room).
We are a non-smoking facility, so smoking is not allowed indoors. You’re welcome to smoke outdoors (away from open windows). Please use the waste receptacles available. If evidence of smoking is found in your guest room, a $250 cleaning fee will be charged to your credit card.
Parking is limited to guests only, as we have only one parking space per room. Please let us know in advance if you will need parking for more than one vehicle.
The main building of our Bed and Breakfast is not appropriate for young children, as many of our guests are looking for a quiet getaway. Children over the age of twelve, with well-behaved parents, are welcome in the main house (Guest Rooms 1 – 6), and younger children are allowed in Guest Suite 7, the Tailor’s Cottage. Please note: we do not provide a special children’s menu at breakfast.
We LOVE pets and have one of our own, a wonderful dog named Lucky who lives in the Inn. For this reason, pets are only allowed in our Tailor’s Cottage. Click here to see our full policy.
This is our home and we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone. We are not responsible for accidents or injury, damages to personal property or vehicles, or for the loss of money or valuables of any kind. We have a house safe available and are happy to secure your valuables upon request.
Items left behind at the inn can be sent to you via mail at your request. The cost of shipping + a $5 handling and packaging fee (rounded to the next whole dollar) will be billed to your credit card. After 3 months, any unclaimed items will be donated to our local Good Will.