Escape to Our Bed and Breakfast in Pennsylvania’s Amish Country
Come away to the Historic Smithton Inn and enjoy a time of rest and relaxation in Lancaster.
Our B&B offers all of the amenities you would expect to find at a hotel and then takes a step beyond that to give you an extraordinary getaway that you will never forget!
- A bountiful breakfast buffet each morning
- Flat-screen TV/DVD players
- Scrumptious, freshly baked cookies
- Wireless Internet access and free local telephone calls
- Concierge and activity recommendations and planning
- 4:00 pm check-in and 11:00 am check-out
- Movies, books, and games available to borrow at the front desk
- Easily forgotten toiletry items, (toothbrush, shaving cream, sewing kits, etc) available at front desk
- Off-Street parking
- Personally-controlled heat/ac in each room
Each of our well-appointed guestrooms features:
- A pillow-top bed appointed with fine linens and heaped with pillows
- A working fireplace and sitting area with desk
- A private bathroom, some with jetted spa tub and shower
- A travel set of shampoo, conditioner, bar soap, and lotion
- Spa-quality towels and robes
- A beautiful and thoughtfully designed decor
- Alarm clock/radio, hairdryer, iron, and ironing board
(Please review the room description for specific details about each room)
The following services and items are available for purchase:
- One pet-friendly guestroom is available for an additional charge. Click here for more information.
- Breakfast delivered to your guestroom ($10 per day)
- Breakfast ‘on-the-go’ basket for active tourists with no time for a sit-down breakfast ($10 per day)
- Rates are based on two guests per room. (Additional guests – $25)
- Long distance faxing, printing, or other business services (price varies)
Our Newest Amenity: EV Charging!
The Historic Smithton Inn is thrilled to offer a new and unique amenity to our guests… EV Charging! In the spring of 2015 we had two Electric Vehicle Chargers installed, one an 80 amp Tesla Charger, the other a 32 amp Clipper Creek Universal Charger. Charging is available to the public; it is offered free of charge to guests of the Inn, or for $15/charge to non-guests, who can relax in our sitting room and enjoy our flat-screen TV or access to Wi-Fi while their vehicle charges.
Considering the age of our property (over 250 years!), we think it’s pretty neat to be offering such a cutting-edge service to guests… but then again, it just makes sense. In the 1700s, we imagined that the innkeepers would provide hay, water and shelter for the horses of guests staying at the then-named “Henry Miller Tavern”. So providing well-lit, off-street parking and EV charging for guests is just a modern evolution of a tradition of hospitality that’s been well established at the Historic Smithton Inn.
For assistance planning your trip, here’s a link to all EV Charging Stations listed on PlugShare.
Explore Our Guest Rooms & Book Your Stay Today!