|2015 Chili Cook-off “Hometown Heroes”
Ephrata VFW & our own
Baby, it’s cold outside…and that means the Lititz Fire & Ice Festival is on its way. 2016 marks the eleventh year for the event, which features ice sculptures on display in the park and throughout town, food, games, and all sorts of activities over a three-day period. This year, the fun begins on Friday, February 12 and wraps up on Sunday, February 14.
According to the event website, here’s the schedule of all there is to see and do during the upcoming Fire & Ice Festival:
- Lititz Springs Party In The Park – 5-9 p.m.
- Downtown Block Party – 5-9 p.m.
- Chili Cook-Off (which benefits over 25 charities) – 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. (Warwick High School Cafeteria). Last year, I (along with the Ephrata VFW) was fortunate to win the “Hometown Heroes” trophy during the cook-off! I look forward to helping out again this year to support our vets.
- Winter Wonderland Carnival – 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. (Warwick HighSchool Gym)
- Vendor Fair – 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. (Warwick High School Small
- Dodgeball Tournament for 7th – 9th
graders – 1-5 p.m. (Warwick High School Small Gym)
- Community Movie Night at Linden Hall – Doors open at 6 p.m. & movie starts at 7 p.m.
As you can see, this year’s event offers the perfect cure to cabin fever, so get out and enjoy it. And if you want to make an entire weekend of it, book your room at the Historic Smithton Inn now. We’ve still got room at the inn!
By Rebecca Gallagher