I love giving our inn’s guests a delicious start to their day. And serving these apple muffins does just that! Fresh apples, cinnamon, and a hint of vanilla blend together perfectly in this simple recipe that makes 18 hearty, flavorful muffins…
2 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
3 cups peeled, cored, diced apples
1/3 raw sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a muffin tin with non-stick spray.
2. Cream together sugar, eggs, oil, and vanilla.
3. Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and ground cinnamon.
4. Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture and mix until combined. The batter will be very thick.
5. Add the diced apples.
6. Fill muffin tin almost to the top (about 3/4 of the way full).
7. Sprinkle with raw sugar.
8. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-24 minutes.
9. Eat and enjoy!
I hope you’ll try this one at home. They will not disappoint!
By Rebecca Gallagher