Peaches are in season in Lancaster County, so they’re playing a prominent role in the breakfast menus at the Historic Smithton Inn these days! Today I’m off to Root’s Market in Manheim to pick up my latest batch of locally grown, just picked peaches, so that I’ll have plenty of delicious peaches for muffins, breads, stuffed french toast and fresh fruit dishes in the coming days.
One of our guests’ favorites is Peach Sour Cream muffins. The sour cream makes these muffins wonderfully moist, and the vanilla gives them a slight ‘cake-y’ flavor. Try them out for yourself, hopefully you can get hold freshly picked peaches too!
Peach Sour Cream Muffins
2 cups flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2/3 cups sugar
1 cup sour cream
1 tsp milk
1/2 tbsp vanilla
8 tbsp butter (melted)
1 1/2 cups fresh peaches (skin removed)
- Mix together dry ingredients, set aside
- Whisk together wet ingredients.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients.
- Gently fold in peaches.
- Spoon into lined or greased muffin cups
- Sprinkle raw sugar on top
- Bake at 400 degrees for 17-20 minutes until cooked through and golden on top