The weekend is meant for relaxing, and there are plenty things to do in Lancaster, PA, on Sunday that will help you do just that! It’s often difficult to find activities since so many attractions are closed but worry no more. We’ve put together a list of ideas to help you make the most out of your trip. Stroll through quaint shops, discover the mysteries of Lancaster’s history, get lost in nature, and more! Here are some of our favorites things to do in Lancaster, PA, on Sunday.
For more information on things to do in Lancaster, PA, on Sunday and every other day of the week, download our free Vacation Guide! Discover our top selection of outdoor activities, events, restaurants, and stores and get ready for a weekend of fun.
Our Top Picks for the Best Things to Do in Lancaster, PA, on Sunday
Explore Lancaster, PA, Museums
Museums are a great way to spend the afternoon, and most of them are open on Sunday! Here are a few we recommend:
- Cornwall Iron Furnace: The Cornwall Iron Furnace is one of the best preserved 19th-century charcoal ironmaking facilities. Learn about Lancaster’s rich history and experience life as it was 200 years ago.
- Landis Valley Village and Farm Museum: Landis Museum is a living history village and farm where you can discover German rural life of the past centuries. Get ready for a journey into Pennsylvania’s past!
- The North Museum of Nature and Science: Take your children on a scientific expedition at the North Museum of Nature and Science and learn about dinosaurs, fossils, and other wild animals!Find out about more fun places to visit with our selection of the 6 Most Unique Museums in Lancaster, PA.
End the day well and enjoy a delicious wine tasting at Weathered Vineyards! Relax in an elegant and authentic setting while sipping on refreshing local wines and craft beers. If you are not in the mood for alcohol, the winery also offers a selection of craft sodas. It’s the perfect treat after spending the day downtown!
Go on a Relaxing Hike
Is there a better way to enjoy a Sunday than by going on a lovely hike or walk in the woods? It’s the best activity to unwind and communicate with nature while enjoying some family fun! Lancaster, PA, offers great places to go hiking:
- Lake Grubb Nature Park: This former Iron mine makes for the best Sunday stroll. Walk around the lake and even go fishing!
- Conewago Recreation Trail: Conewago is the perfect trail for bikers. Ride through the stunning forest and rocks and enjoy a calm and beautiful afternoon.
- Nolde state Park: Just a 30-minute drive from Historic Smithton Inn, this park features lush woodlands and lovely streams.
Enjoy a Scenic “Sunday Drive”
One of the best free things to do in Lancaster, PA, is to enjoy a scenic drive through the countryside. Simply hop in your car and tour the beautiful back roads of Lancaster County. Discover the covered bridges in Lancaster PA, the stunning Amish landscape and other historic symbols. If you’re looking for a group activity, take a guided tour with Strasburg Scooters! It’s an original way to experience these sites with a knowledgeable local leading the way, and it’s incredibly fun!
Spend a Cozy Sunday at Historic Smithton Inn
After a long Sunday full of activities, come back to your comfortable room at Historic Smithton Inn! Our luxurious accommodations are the perfect fit for a relaxing weekend getaway. Book our Sage Room to enjoy its queen size bed and beautifully hand-crafted headboard. Or, cozy up in the private rain shower bathroom and treat yourself to a special in-room massage with our local therapist. Start the next day with a delicious homemade breakfast and make sure to try our strawberry Amaretto-stuffed French toast.
Don’t wait another minute! Start planning your stay today. We look forward to hosting you at Historic Smithton Inn!